VMware Cloud Community
beovax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Software ISCSI wont see devices or paths

Got a strange problem with 2 out of 3 hosts. They simply wont see any devices or paths to the iscsi targets.

I know they are talking to the iscsi target as if I use the dynamic discovery the static discovery shows the additional IP's that the luns should have paths to.

I cant easily restart the hosts and this new iscsi solution is being implemented to help with this.

I have tried disabling the swiscsi by killing the swiscsi pid and re-enabling, I have also tried to fix the vmkernal used for the swiscsi vmhba.

I had the same poblem with the other host at the start and recreating the vmkernel port fixed it, but this fix wont work for these hosts

vmkping to the iscsi target works with no loses - the vmkernel ip is 172.30.30.107 iscsi san target is 172.30.30.30

any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

On you iSCSI SAN system are these hosts zoned approriately? Are you using CHAP and is it configured correctly?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
beovax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes all the LUNS are assigned in the same way to all 3 hosts with no required authentication

0 Kudos
beovax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solved the problem - I got stuck thinking they had the same problem as the orginal host where the fix was to remove and add the kernel.

The problem this time was with the SAN, I needed to assign th luns as NON exclusive - basically only one host could see the LUNS at a time

0 Kudos