VMware Cloud Community
rob2282
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Snapshot alarm but no snap

We have some snapshot size alarms setup in vCenter, I have a couple of VM's that have an alarm state becuase of the snapshot size, however when I look @ the manager it does not show any. I have also browsed the datastore and don't see an xxx000.vmdk files. Finally I ran the hassnapshot command from the CLI and it is returing a 0. Is there something else I could be doing to check for a snap? Has anyone else seen this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you may also want to use RVTools to search for any snapshots.  Also, for the guests in question, maybe try creating a snapshot then deleting it to see if it clears the alarm.

Finally, it just may be a "stuck" alarm.  Try to disable and then enable the alarm again to see what happens.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you may also want to use RVTools to search for any snapshots.  Also, for the guests in question, maybe try creating a snapshot then deleting it to see if it clears the alarm.

Finally, it just may be a "stuck" alarm.  Try to disable and then enable the alarm again to see what happens.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I agree with Troy, this could be a "stuck" alarm from e.g. a backup. Double check the alarm setting to make sure the thresholds are not set too low.

André

rob2282
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was a stuck alarm thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We started using ESX at 3.0 and there were stuck alarms back then.. Is this EVER going to be fixed?

0 Kudos