VMware Cloud Community
Toeffel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shutdown Problem on ESXi 7.0.3g

The ESXi Server hangs on shutdown on the Point ShutdownSCSICleanupForDevTearDown!
Only reset the Server helps.

Hardware: HPE DL380 Gen9 and HPE DL380 Gen10 
The Server installed with the HPE Custom Image.
Quick Boot is deactivated.

I hope anymody have a hint to resolve this Problem.

Regards
Dirk

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Honestly never ran into such a problem, but I ran into this KB article: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/89510
It may not help solve or explain your specific problem, but it might be worth looking into.

Regards,
Ferdinando

A note: If I may, before trying to apply a workaround it is always better to be cautious and take the appropriate precautions in case "things don't go the right way", take a look also if there are firmware updates available for your systems and maybe you may also consider an upgrade to the latest ESXi / vCenter product build.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Honestly never ran into such a problem, but I ran into this KB article: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/89510
It may not help solve or explain your specific problem, but it might be worth looking into.

Regards,
Ferdinando

A note: If I may, before trying to apply a workaround it is always better to be cautious and take the appropriate precautions in case "things don't go the right way", take a look also if there are firmware updates available for your systems and maybe you may also consider an upgrade to the latest ESXi / vCenter product build.

0 Kudos
Toeffel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you for your answer.  As long as the problem is not fixed, I will use the workaround.
Of course my servers are all up to date with the latest firmware ;-). And vSphere is now also on a current version.

Kind regard
Dirk

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

If applying that workaround can solve the problem, would you let me know?
As a popular saying where I live, "sometimes I'm as curious as women" and then your feedback could help others who may run into the same problem and don't have access to support services.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
Toeffel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Morning,

i test the workaround on my vSphere Server, but it didn't help! The problem is still occurs.

Regards

Dirk

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Honestly, the circumstance doesn't surprise me too much, the "workaround" contained in the article was just a possibility.

As I told you something like this hasn't happened to me, in the configuration of my servers I use to disable all those onboard devices that are not used, all sorts of energy saving mechanisms, "watchdog" mechanisms and if they shut down unexpected then they remain off. I don't even use the custom images, of course I install the manufacturer released drivers corresponding to the on-board devices but I have no interest in added "management tools" or other (proprietary) "utilities" whatsoever.

I am also used, if I don't find particular conditions of possible incompatibility with something, to use the most recent versions of ESXi / vCenter products. Especially with ESXi 7.0U3 line which hasn't really been a "lucky" product since the beginning, at least in my personal IT context.

Regarads,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos