VMware Cloud Community
kerberos91
Contributor
Contributor

Setting performance

HI,

I have a HP Proliant DL180 server with the following characteristics Raid 1 250GB HDD with 16GB Ram and a 2.4GHz Xeon processor when you install VMware ESXi 5 and two virtual environments on this one production and one test with Windows Server 2008 R2. Resource consumption adjustment as follows: PRD environment 8GB of RAM, 100GB of HDD and 2 CPUs of the processor to stop testing environment 6GB of RAM, 50GB of HDD and 2 CPUs processor, 2GB leftovers lies with the ESXi. machines have installed SQL Server 2008 and one additional application that currently work.

After all this, my concern is the high consumption of resources (RAM) showing my management console, actulmente using the application on the domain is very little going into this application by far 5 people concurrently and this is become sluggish and want to know according to the characteristics above, what is the best way to adjust the performance of the server to render properly?

The consumption  high in the image on the memory usage.

Many Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This screenshot does not show much more then you already have posted.

Could you take some of the performance tab instead?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
cpahl
Contributor
Contributor

I would take a look at the performance tab for each of the VMs.  Looking at the counters below:

• CPU Ready - I would expect this to be a low number with your configuration
  • Memory Ballon - You would like to see this number be 0
  • Memory Swapped - You would like to see this be 0 also

Also you make sure that you have vmware tools installed on both of your VMs.

If everything looks good on the performance tab and vmware tools are installed on your VMs.  I would start looking at the VMs themself and make sure the issue is not there.  One place to look is to make sure you are not paging and check to make sure your CPUs are not maxed out on the VM.