Contributor
Jump to solution

Server freezes after a few hours

Hello! I have the following equipment:

Intel i7-2600K

Asus P8Z77-V

16 Gb RAM

6x HDD

Initially installed ESXi 6.5, after a few hours, the system freezes. All virtual machines stopped responding, the server disappeared from the network. There was no response to the keyboard connected to the server, although there was an image on the monitor. After a hard reboot, everything started up fine and worked again for several hours.

This happens regardless of whether the first or second virtual machine is running. In any case, the server freezes after a few hours of being on.

Now I have installed ESXi 6.7, but the problem has not gone anywhere, everything is the same. What can be wrong? Unfortunately, I cannot read the logs, I attached them below.

I hope you'll give me a hand. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DimChik2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem was in the BIOS settings, which I did not notice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello, hope you are doing fine.

Have you checked that the hardware is in the vmware product compatibility matrix? (VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search)

What you describe seems to be a Hardware/Driver/Firmware issue.
Also, please note the hardware you described seems to be consumer grade hardware and not enterprise level hardware.

0 Kudos
DimChik2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No, my hardware is not on the compatibility list. I understand that this is consumer-grade hardware, but I know that people put a hypervisor on it. It would be great if someone who understands something in the logs suggested what is actually happening in the system, and is it possible to fix it. In the file I have attached, the last system freeze was at about 4:13 am.

0 Kudos
DimChik2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem was in the BIOS settings, which I did not notice.

0 Kudos
kkau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi DimChik2903

which part of Bios setting cause this issue?

0 Kudos
DimChik2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

At that time, I reset the settings to default. But after a while, the machine continued to freeze, as a result of which I was forced to change the motherboard and processor.

0 Kudos