VMware Cloud Community
flyingpig21
Contributor
Contributor

Server cannot be reached

I have installed ESXI with the custom Dell installer and although I have installed vSphere multiple times with all the correct settings etc ( I have successfully installed in many other locations) in this instance every time Sphere is installed it is instantly unreachable and cannot be configured. The consul shows the correct url / ip address in FQDN and Ip format but is unreachable in that the whole thing freezes at the "configuring Vsphere" and never progress past 0%

Moderator edit by wila: Moved post from VMware {code} to ESXi discussions

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've reported your thread which notifies moderators it needs to be moved - the {code} area where you created it is for SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
It is always necessary to give as much details as possible. This will save time.
ESXi version and Build that you installed or intend to install.
Model and make of the physical server including type of disk controller and ethernet cards.

The compatibility of the physical server and its devices can be verified at the following link

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos