VMware Cloud Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

Server Compatibility

Dear Team,

I have one old IBM x3650 server on that windows 2003 server is running.

Now we are planning to install ESX4.1 , before that we have to confirm the compatbility.

But how to check the storage adapter / network / raid controller compatibilty as i m not have "VID" "DID" "SVID" "SSID"

Need your asisstance on the same.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You can check hardware compatability here - http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

DEAR WEINSTEIN,

HOW to check the storage adapter / network / raid controller compatibilty as i don't have the "VID" "DID" "SVID" "SSID", as Windows server is installed on that server.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Since it sounds like you do not have a build sheet or printout of the configuration of the server you will need to manually identify the hardware using server management tools. I am not that familiar with IBM hardware but I am assuming it is like Dell and HP in that it has a a management tool that wil tell you aout the installed hardware. The other opition is look at Window;s deivce manager and see what hardware it identifies

If not you will wither need to open the server and see what is installed or reboot the host and watch boot to see what cards NIC/storage adapters are installed -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos