VMware Cloud Community
BillM10930
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Server 2012 R2 Guest -- PVSCSI.flp -- Missing Drive

Hey All,

I am having an issue with installing Server 2012 R2 in ESXi 5.5 U1. I'm running in a SAN environment. The hosts are connected to the SAN. Any assistance with this would be very helpful!

I created a new VM with all the basic settings. These are the modifications for the SCSI adapter.

SCSI controller 0 -

SCSI Controller Type -- VMware Paravirtual

SCSI Bus Sharing -- None

Hard disk 1

Disk File -- <SAN Location>

Disk Provisioning -- Thin Provisioning

Provisioned Size: 40 GB

Virtual Device Node: SCSI (0:0) Hard disk 1

Independent Mode -- <unchecked>

Guest BIOS:

Primary Master -- [None]

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Floppy image pvscsi.inf file is found and installed.

No drives are located.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillM10930
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved. This was a corrupt ISO that was downloaded. The pvscsi.inf loaded correctly after a new Server 2012 R2 image was downloaded.

Only way I found out was when I loaded the ISO in VMware Fusion. It said that the guest tried to access the image beyond the size of the image. Unfortunately, ESXI did not throw up any error similar to this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillM10930
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved. This was a corrupt ISO that was downloaded. The pvscsi.inf loaded correctly after a new Server 2012 R2 image was downloaded.

Only way I found out was when I loaded the ISO in VMware Fusion. It said that the guest tried to access the image beyond the size of the image. Unfortunately, ESXI did not throw up any error similar to this.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That particular warning was added to Fusion 6 and Workstation 10, but did not make it into the corresponding vSphere releases.  It will be in future vSphere releases.

Glad to hear that it helped to identify the issue... It's exactly why we added it!

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos