VMware Cloud Community
whitesj
Contributor
Contributor

Server 2008 R2 Support & Future Updates?

Does anyone know when Server 2008 R2/Windows 7 will be supported officially by VMWare? (i'm getting ancy...as I've had access to the full final versions for several months now).

and...where does one go to see information about upcoming support, or updates and releases?

I'm also very anxious to hear something about VMWare Data Recovery Manager as so many people including myself have had problems with this thing. If it would just work right it would be great. (for me, and i've reinstalled this several times and tried several different versions of it-- it will work GREAT for the first 2-3 days, and then after that it constantly hangs on backing up the machines and I have to restart the VMWare data recovery vm)

but anyway, I'm just wondering where I can check to be 'in the loop' so to speak....like do they have a blog or something that would be good reference?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sdog
Contributor
Contributor

Thats a good question. Unfortunatley, I dont think anyone knows, except VMware "insiders".. I have checked with Dell and they arent even supporting Windows Server 2008 R2 on any hardware platform. There is speculation that it might be supported in the next release of vSphere 4.0 and that should be coming out this month.

0 Kudos
mikeyhoward
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Support for Windows 2008 R2 / Windows 7 will be in U1 (due for December I believe) and also 3,5 U5 due this month

Info was provided by our Technical Account Manager

Blogging: http://www.mikehoward.me.uk
0 Kudos