VMware Cloud Community
paulymo
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Site Question

I have a question regarding SRM sites. Is it possible to have multiple protected sites going to one replication site using a single vCenter? I'm trying to figure out if I will need to deploy a vCenter for each customer or if we can manage them all from one vCenter.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
paulymo
Contributor
Contributor

I should mention, the protection sites will be from different forest and domains.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - yes you should be able to do that even with mutliple domains but it will not be a single vCenter server - you will need seperate vCenter servers - one in the protected site and one in the DR site - but I do no think you will be able to have multiple protected site going to single vcenter at your DR site -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
paulymo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick response. I should have clarified that I meant single vCenter server at the recovery site. I understand that each Protected site needs a vCenter :-).

Thank you again!!!

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

With SRM 4 you can set up multiple protected sites to a single shared recovery site site - check out http://www.vmware.com/pdf/srm_shared_recovery.pdf

0 Kudos