VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

SRM Session Credential Timeout Value

What is SRM Session Credential Timeout Value by default?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

threshold.png

i am looking for this timeout default value ?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Please confirm what version and build of SRM ?

Is this when you first configure site connectivity or afterwards ?

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

version is 5.1 and this is afterwards.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

The default is 300 seconds. This can be changed by editing the "vmware-dr.xml" config file on the SRM Servers. Search for "<CommandTimeout>" and change the value to 1800 secs as a recommended starting point.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
cjscol
Expert
Expert

I think the timeout is about 50 seconds.  Not sure if you can configure this.  The issue may be due to the Java Heap Size on the TomCat service the vCenter Managerment WebServices uses, or the vCenter server may be short on memory.

Have you installed the SRM Server on the same server as the vCenter Server or on it's own dedicated server?

How much memory does your vCenter server have?  What other components are installed on the vCenter server, e.g. SSO, Update Manager, Web Client, Inventory Services, Database engine?

How hosts/vms do you have?  Did you set the Java Heap Size to the recommended setting, see VMware KB: Configuring Tomcat server settings in VMware vCenter Server 5.1 and 5.5

Calvin Scoltock VCP 2.5, 3.5, 4, 5 & 6 VCAP5-DCD VCAP5-DCA http://pelicanohintsandtips.wordpress.com/blog LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cscoltock
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i am unable to find this commandtimeout parameter in vmware-dr.xml file.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos