VMware Cloud Community
MariusRoma
Expert
Expert

SMTP settings

I need to configure a vCenter version 5.5.0 build 1476327 to send alerts via mail using an SMTP server that requires a password to authenticate.

Where can I set the password?

Regards

Marius

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

From Diagnosing why VMware vCenter Server is not sending email alerts (1004070) | VMware KB

Verify that the mail server configuration allows email to be sent from vCenter Server. The ability to send mail may be restricted so that anonymous email is not allowed or that specific user accounts are required to send mail. If this is the case a rule must be created to allow the vCenter Server to send email, as there is currently no way to configure SMTP authentication with vCenter Server. In vCenter Server 6.0 entering information into the mail.smtp.username and mail.smtp.password fields does not enable authentication.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Normally SMTP will be password less authentication  for vCenter  , as of now this feature is not supported

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos