VMware Cloud Community
virtual9999
Contributor
Contributor

SFCBD Crashing in ESXi 7.0.U3D

Hi All,

Wonder if you anyone has seen these warning messages in ESXi 7.0.U3d :

"An application (/bin/sfcbd) running on ESXi host has crashed (xxx time(s) so far). A core file may have been created at /var/core/sfcb-vmware_bas-zdump.000."

I believe this issue was supposed to have been fixed on earlier versions of ESXi, but it doesn't seem so.

We have noticed these warning messages on Dell MX740c/750c Blades. Any input is welcome..

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wkwicker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you get this resolved?  I had this recently on an MX740c and the server actually hung and was reset by the DRAC watchdog.  Currently I have about 11 MX740/50c's running esxi but this is the first crash on one.  I am on build 21053776 which is Feb 2023.

0 Kudos
virtual9999
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

For that issue, we raised a case with VMware support and they recommended us to disable one of the CIM providers, named "vmw_pci". 

1. Logon to the ESXi Host .

2. List the current CIM providers by running the following command and you will find "vmw_pci" on the output list.:

esxcli system wbem provider list

You may see "vmw_pci"  as Enabled = true ;  Loaded = true

2. To disable "vmw_pci", run the following command :

esxcli system wbem provider set --enable false --name="vmw_pci"

3. Run the following command again to confirm the status of "vmw_pci" provider:

esxcli system wbem provider list

You may see "vmw_pci"  as Enabled=false ; Loaded=false.

In our case this resolved the issue and no other imapct due to disabling "vmw_pci", was noticed.

You may want to check with VMware Support, before doing this.

Good Luck !

Tags (1)
wkwicker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks@virtual9999 !
I do have a ticket open with VMware but your response was much faster!  Since it has been running fine previously for a while and only happened on one so far I will see what VMware says.

0 Kudos