VMware Cloud Community
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SCSI card not appearing in virtual host

I have a Windows SBS 2003 server setup and am trying to find out how to get a tape backup drive working. I have a PERC 3 card, which is recognized in the bios ok. However on the SBS, it does not appear. I have installed the VMWare tools. I have an ASUS P5GC-MX 1333 motherboard, an Intel duo E2200 cpu, 4 GB of memory. I also can't get the floppy to work, or USB devices to work, but file sharing, print sharing, Exchange 2003, RWW,and RDP access to the server all work fine.

Are there any tricks to this, or am I stuck with backing up using NAS or iSCSI?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Edit the setting in the Windows guest. Add devices and select SCSI devices. If the tape drive appears in the list of available devices you can add it.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Edit the setting in the Windows guest. Add devices and select SCSI devices. If the tape drive appears in the list of available devices you can add it.

0 Kudos
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It only shows the cd-rom device. As for why that shows up under SCSI instead of IDE makes no sense to me.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

[HCL PERC|http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=io&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=PERC&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=-1&vid=&did=&svid=&ssid=&rorre=0]

Shows a patch is required for ESXi 4

0 Kudos
b1izzard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any idea of where to get this driver from and what the install process is? I've searched for 30 minutes, and I can't find it anywhere.

0 Kudos