VMware Cloud Community
Narkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SC Loads Kernel or Kernel Loads SC

Hi guys,

please clarify my doubt, Does SC load VMkernel or Vmkernal loads SC? Please share docs which explains Booting up services sequence of ESX Host ?Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Narkis,

The Linux LILO loads first and after which the control is given to VMNIX (Service Console). The role of service console is to load the bootstrap for VMKernel.

From this it is evident that the service console loads first and VMkernel loads second.

Hope this answers your question!

Aravind K

Regards, Aravind K If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Narkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Guys, is my question silly ? Please help me I couldn't find concrete answer. Your suggestion is much more appreciated. Cheers!

0 Kudos
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Narkis,

The Linux LILO loads first and after which the control is given to VMNIX (Service Console). The role of service console is to load the bootstrap for VMKernel.

From this it is evident that the service console loads first and VMkernel loads second.

Hope this answers your question!

Aravind K

Regards, Aravind K If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Narkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Karavind,

Thanks a lot, can you please share any reference document so that it will be helpful to all users. Cheers!

0 Kudos
karavinds1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Narkis,

This document must be helpful.

Aravind

0 Kudos