VMware Cloud Community
BEN59
Contributor
Contributor

Resources (CPU usage & Memory usage ) Missing

Resources of ESXi 5.1 server is not showing in some of ESXi servers .

8 Replies
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

Hi Ben59,

Is this a stand alone ESX host or a part of the VC? Is this screenshot taken when you are connected to the VC or directly to the host?

If this is from the VC, try taking a direct connection to the ESX host and check. If you are seeing the issue only from VC, then try disconnecting the host from the VC, connect it back and check.

If this is seen directly on the host (vSphere connection to the host) open an SSH connection to the host and do a services.sh restart and check

Regards

a

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
BEN59
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It's a part of VC, The Screenshot taken from VC.

if i am restarting the service , do this will affect the powered on VM's in this host

Also if i am connecting and disconnecting host from VC so , do i need to migrate all VM's to other host ?

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

services.sh restart will not affect the running VM's

Also disconnecting and reconnecting hosts will not afftect VM's but you could vmotion VM's off the host if you want to.

If you open  vSphere Client directly to the host and log in as root and root password, do you see the CPU and mem usage?

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
BEN59
Contributor
Contributor

yes when i am connecting host directly through vsphere client CPU and memory usage is showing fine, only in VC its not showing.

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

Try restarting the Management webservices from services.msc of the VC.

Are you running VC 5.0 base build?

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Do you notice the resource usage of the VMs in virtual machine tab of the host on vSphere Client?

0 Kudos
BEN59
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

It is working now ..........

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What was done to resolve the issue

0 Kudos