VMware Cloud Community
Qynar
Contributor
Contributor

Resource Pool not matching up

I has ESXI 4.1 with update installed with VMs on it when I noticed my available resources for the system were low (I was trying to create new resource pools). So exported my VMs and did a fresh install and I still got the same problem.

The main summary page and configuration->memory page show 8 gb of ram. The processer area shows 4 cores at 2.66 (which comes to 10.6 ghz). However, under the resource allocation tab, it shows Total capacities as
Memory of 5890 MB

CPU of 8664 MHz

These are both alot lower than what I expected. I could understand a little off the top for ESXI host to run, but 2 gigs of memory and full 2000 mhz is extreme. The only thing I have done to this server is add a password and entered my license. Is there something else that need to happen make this show properly?

PS. (I attached screens of sphere client as a reference).

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

It's quite possible that those numbers are what's available minus the overhead of the machines that are running.   

0 Kudos
Qynar
Contributor
Contributor

It understand that VMs require overhead when they run, but that would take away from the available memory/cpu cycles, not the total. Plus there are no VMs installed, much less running. This is a blank slate and total available should match what is physically there (or be really close).

0 Kudos