VMware Cloud Community
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Resource Pool Creation Error: Value of x is not valid for 'Value'

All,

I get the following error message when created a new resource pool. Value of x is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value.

I can create the resource pool if I leave the reservation at 0.

Please see the attached photo.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

HOw much memory do you have on the host?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I should have plenty. See the attached photo, please.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have any reservations set on other Resource Pools or VMs?

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I have 9 other Resource Pools with small reservations set on them, for the exception of my Exchange resource pool, which has 12G allocated to it. Most of my resource pools are subsets of vApps, where are all nested into one larger vApp.

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think I made a newb mistake! Yikes!

I was under the impression that resource pools are pooled across all VM servers. Now I'm thinking that this isn't true. What I'm thinking now is that is the amount of resource that is on one server - HA. My pools reservation was too high and I was trying to be way to granular.

Let me know your thoughts.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yep - all of your Resource Pools seem to be on the #10 server - Resource Pools can be stretched across ESX hosts by creating a cluster and are really powerful when used in conjunction with a DRS cluster -

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

They are in a cluster, mostly in a nested vApp, as you can see from the screenshot above, not the #10 server.

Though, this confuses me even more. What is a quick way to tell how much resource is left in the default cluster resource pool and what has been delegated to its own pool?

0 Kudos