VMware Cloud Community
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Replicate vms between ESXi hosts

Hello friends, I have an IBM server with ESXi 4.0 virtual machines with 03, I am now installing ESXi 4.1 on another server, a Dell PE T610, this server is new.
What is the quickest way to practice and replicate virtual machines from four to the new ESXi server with ESXi 4.1?
Using Veeam trial is the solution? If I remember this kind of process is no longer supported by the trial version of Veeam, without the presence of a vCenter Server on the network, not sure, so I got in a conversation I had with a friend of America.

I look forward and thank you.

Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Do you want to move these VMs as a one-time action, or do you want the ability to replicate them across the servers?

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

if you want to replicate over as a form of migration, the trial version of quest or veeam will work on the trail version of ESXi with vCenter (it becomes enterprise plus) there after downgrade it to the free edition in which by default is not supported. but the if it's a frequent recurring i would advise in buying the actual license ..

0 Kudos
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually wanted to replicate because it is safer, but it can move safely, then this would be a valid option. Its?

Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We bought the license of Veeam, buy the complete solution, but the serial will only be released next Friday, but need to migrate to a drive to another ESXi today.

Thanks

Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos
Ivanildo_GalvÃ_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If I install the trial vCenter Server on my network, Veeam vms does replication between hosts?

Ivanildo Galvão
0 Kudos