VMware Cloud Community
alainap84
Contributor
Contributor

Replacing failed SD Card in ESXI host not working

Hi All, I have a failed SD Card in my esxi 6.7 server. SD Card 1 has failed. I ordered the exact same brand and size SD card (SanDisk 64GB). When I replace with the new card, I am able to start the rebuild process from SD Card 2. A few minutes later I get a message that says "Internal Dual SD Module rebuild failed because read/write to one of the SD cards failed." I have taken the SD Card out and put it into my desktop to clear any write protections. I have also formatted it from my desktop, then put back into server to rebuild again. It still is failing. I checked all setup settings and they are correct. The port is enabled and the redundancy is set to mirrored.

Please help.

-Alaina

internalsd.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This isn't an ESXi or VMware-related issue but seems to be with your server manufacturer and whatever their process is for formatting SD cards. I'd check with them.

0 Kudos
maxime9001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You going into the LifeCycle controller, Firmware Update> View current versions should show the version of the SD.

If you can't try to use SD on Laptop for check if it's work fine.

if doesn't works fine --> issue with internal sd card reader. try to install ESXi on Raid1 disk.

Regards,

0 Kudos