VMware Cloud Community
agreenbhm
Contributor
Contributor

Remove vCenter connection after deleting vCenter

I installed the evaluation of vCenter on a VM. I connected one ESXi 4 host to it, just to play around with. I decided I was done playing with vCenter so I deleted the VM. Now whenever I launch the vSphere Client and connect directly to the ESXi host, I get a warning message saying "This host is currently being managed by the vCenter Server with the IP address (ip address here). Changes made to this host during this session may not be reflected in vSphere Client sessions currently viewing the vCenter Server."

Is there anyway I can kill the relationship between the host and vCenter from the host? I saw there is a way to do it from vCenter, unfortunately, that VM is no more (like I said, I deleted it).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

go to the configuration tab, licensed features, edit. You can change it there.

0 Kudos
agreenbhm
Contributor
Contributor

That didn't work. And I think you're referring to ESXi 3.5, anyway.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I have ESX4, not ESXi4. I could be wrong, but you should be able to change your Server License Type in the same place.

0 Kudos
agreenbhm
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to change my license key there, but there is nothing related to vCenter listed there. I enabled the evaluation license, then re-added my license key, and there's still that connection, so I'm still in the same boat as before.

0 Kudos
01Ryan10
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found a solution to this yet? I'd rather have a solution than have to reinstall my entire test environment.

0 Kudos