VMware Cloud Community
Robert85
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding Vmware Lab

Hello Friends,

Greetings,

Am new to this group. I am linux guy who entering to Vmware newly. I would like to setup the lab for Vmware to practise and leran.

I have been suggested to buy below hardware model by Vender. Pleae help me to proceed with below or suggest if any model better then this for Vmware

Setup.

Advance thanks for your help.

Mother Board = DQ77MK

Processor= i7 3rd generation processor ( 3770)

Ram=Corsair 16gb

1tb hard disk

Thanks

Robert

Note  Am sorry if i ask the basic questions.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

rather than installing ESXi directly on hardware, I'd recommend you consider to create a virtual lab which lets you setup multiple hosts, vCenter Server , ...

Take a look at e.g. Building the Ultimate vSphere Lab for how this can be done (including recommendations for hardware).

André

Robert85
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre,

I got very clear idea and i was looking the same kind of lab setup, But i need to know the mother board model which will support Vmware (Vpro) , So i posted my questin his blog and awating for the answer.

Your message was very helpful for me, Thanks

Smiley Happy

--Rob

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Unless I'm missing something, vPro is not a requirement for VMware products. The only applications I can think of, which requires vPro is Citrix's XenClient!?

Click here to find the Installation Requirements of VMware Workstation 8.x and newer. I'm using an Elitegroup Mainboard with an Intel I7-2600 without issues and I'm pretty sure the Intel Mainboard does support all the CPU features required for the VMware lab.

André

0 Kudos
Robert85
Contributor
Contributor

Actually i would like to install the Vmware ESX in the down the line in the server,, Not in the VM clien Andre.

0 Kudos