VMware Cloud Community
Mokshir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:000000000d9cb100, TCP:esxi01.domain.local:443>]: queryConnectionInfo - A general system error occured when trying to add a ESXi Server to vCenter Server

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone could help me resolve this issue. I am not able to add an ESXi Host to the vcenter Server and I have tried all of the following already.

1. I have checked and verified all DNS Resolution between ESXi Server and vCenter Server and vice-versa.

2. I also replaced teh ESXi Certificate using a Windows CA generated Cert. The certificate from the browser looks good (Cert has SAN for all IP and DNS lookups)

3. Tried restarting Management Agents

Please help.

Following are the environment details

vCenter Server Version : 6.0 U2 Build 3634788

ESXi Version:

[root@esxi01:~] esxcli system version get

Product: VMware ESXi

Version: 6.0.0

Build: Releasebuild-3620759

Update: 2

Patch: 34

vCenter Log Snippet

2016-09-30T14:46:54.245-07:00 info vpxd[06784] [Originator@6876 sub=Default opID=E10CC94C-00000F59-5b] [VpxLRO] -- ERROR task-internal-137555 -- datacenter-2 -- vim.Datacenter.queryConnectionInfo: vmodl.fault.SystemError:

--> Result:

--> (vmodl.fault.SystemError) {

-->    faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

-->    reason = "",

-->    msg = "Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:000000000d9cb100, TCP:esxi01.domain.local:443>]: queryConnectionInfo

--> A general system error occurred: "

--> }

--> Args:

-->

--> Arg hostname:

--> "esxi01.domain.local"

--> Arg port:

--> -1

--> Arg username:

--> "root"

--> Arg password:

--> (not shown)

-->

--> Arg sslThumbprint:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
foldLeft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reboot your ESXi host and then try adding it, worked for me.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
foldLeft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dropping in to say I'm seeing the same thing.

Fresh, clean install of ESXi and vCenter Suse Linux Appliance deployed to the same host. Both on the same /24, though not using any DNS only static IPs.

vCenter:

6.0.0.20000 Build Number 3634791

ESXi:

Product: VMware ESXi

Version: 6.0.0

Build: Releasebuild-3620759

Update: 2

Patch: 34

Also seeing the same exact error in the vpxd.log on the VCSA. Tried restarting management agents on ESXi, redeployed the VCSA, also confirmed I can do a openssl s_client connection to the ESXi host over 443 from the VCSA.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

0 Kudos
Mokshir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I replaced the ESXi self signed certificate with a Windows based CA signed certificate. I also added IP address in the SAN Attributes. I checked this in Internet Explorer and it does not complain about the certificate. I try to add the host after this and it still comes back with the same SOAP response fault. I believe this ESXi server may have been upgraded previously from 5.x to 6.0.  Do I need to do a fresh install? I only have 1 ESXi Server and running a bunch of important VMs. Not sure if I can do a fresh install.

Please help.

0 Kudos
foldLeft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reboot your ESXi host and then try adding it, worked for me.

samayer12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I ran into this exact situation and rebooting the ESXi host as you suggested fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos