VMware Cloud Community
Christo63
Contributor
Contributor

Rebuild raid 1 from working USB drive in maintenance mode

Managed to zero a raid one with two m2 drives during a hard drive replacement. The pulled hard drive works when plugged into the USB port but not when it is sitting in the M2 slot. I don't want to mirror the working drive along with one which has been zeroed as the host will mirror the zeroed drive on the working drive.
I suspect the fix is to log in using SSH and run commands to rebuild the host from the usb connected hard drive. Presently the host is in maintenance mode running off the usb drive.  I have never built a host
Please help as this is a working environment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving so I have reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Christo63
Contributor
Contributor

I should add that we are on a vSAN

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well that changes things, I'll report your thread for a second time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Christo63
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos