VMware Cloud Community
magnusviri
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Re: How Do I Change My Video Card Settings (So I Can Run iMovie)?

I am running macOS in a VM on Mac hardware and am not in violation of their EULA. Is it possible to discuss this? I am having this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

magnusviri​ is not the same person who started this thread four years ago, so Workstation is probably not in the picture this time around.  (This is a good example of why it's preferable to start a new thread instead of poking an old one where the context is different enough to cause confusion.  Oh well.)

As far as I am aware, we do not have any Quartz Extreme support in our virtual SVGA adapter, so I do not have any suggestions for working around the problem.

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What OS is the Mac running?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
magnusviri
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's a Mac Mini 2012 (Macmini6,2) running ESXi 6.7. I did a little bit of research and I'm guessing this is probably impossible anyway because I guessing the only video driver available is VMware's SVGA (?) driver. It's not too big of a deal. I was actually trying to download iMovie from the Mac App Store so I could package it up in my VM and distribute it to iMacs. I will just use a different Mac to download iMovie.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

magnusviri​ is not the same person who started this thread four years ago, so Workstation is probably not in the picture this time around.  (This is a good example of why it's preferable to start a new thread instead of poking an old one where the context is different enough to cause confusion.  Oh well.)

As far as I am aware, we do not have any Quartz Extreme support in our virtual SVGA adapter, so I do not have any suggestions for working around the problem.

--

Darius

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Branched to a new thread in the ESXi area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks, I hadn’t spotted this was an old thread related to a different product.

0 Kudos
magnusviri
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I honestly wasn't sure if you guys would talk about it though, so that's why I posted to the end of the other thread. It's all good. I was mostly curious if it would be easy. It's not worth doing a lot of work over. I can come up with easy workarounds.

0 Kudos