VMware Cloud Community
maleitch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ramifications of upgrading 4.1 licenses?

Sorry if this is not in the proper forum, but it appears to be the only one I have rights to post in.

Have an option to upgrade our 4.1 license to 5.0 and have never done this before.  If I perform the upgrade on the license through the vmware web portal, will it essentially put my existing 4.1 vmware environment in "trial" mode until I upgrade?

Not sure if I am being clear, but is there any time limit between the time I update my license and when I actually have to perform the upgrade of the software?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Well a huge one.. you cannot (legally) use them for 4.1 servers.  I think you have 60 days to revert.. TECHNICALLY you are supposed to upgrade a host to 5.0 then apply the license.  That license is EITHER a 4.1 server OR 5.0 but not both and not at the same time...

No Trial mode either.. you upgraded the 4.1 servers to a valid Enterprise license, if you get audited VM Ware can tell if you used those licenses for 4.1 servers.. so you must be ready to upgrade to 5.0 there is no "trial" period..

0 Kudos