VMware Cloud Community
notOccupanther
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Quorum setup - "add existing disk" option and no Quorum disk appears

Hi All..

I'm following vSphere's 5.1 MSCS Faiover Clustering document and all went fine until I got to page 24 ... adding the Quorum disk to the second physical host.  It mentions that I have to add Existing Hard Disk and select the quorum RDM I added to the first host.

When I go to select the disk, it does not appear in the Datastore listing.... is there some configuration I'm missing?  All RDM's mapped fine on the first host, but none are appearing for me to add them to the second host.  I'm sure it's some trivial config I'm overlooking, but cannot fathom where it might be .

Any help would be appreciated ..

Many thanks

N

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you add a LUN to a virtual machine as a RDM, ESXi will create a .vmdk mapping file in the VM's folder (by default). For the second virtual machine use "Add an existing virtual disk" and browse to the first VM's folder, where you should find the mapping .vmdk files.

André

View solution in original post

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you add a LUN to a virtual machine as a RDM, ESXi will create a .vmdk mapping file in the VM's folder (by default). For the second virtual machine use "Add an existing virtual disk" and browse to the first VM's folder, where you should find the mapping .vmdk files.

André

notOccupanther
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks for this...

0 Kudos