VMware Cloud Community
silvernickels
Contributor
Contributor

Question about sharedPolicyRefCount setting

We have 4 servers in a cluster running ESXi 4.1 U2. I was checking the profile on each host in vSphere and discovered two servers have a Config.GlobalSettings.guest.sharedPolicyRefCount setting of 0 and 2 servers are set to 1. I haven't been able to locate any info about the setting, how to determine an appropiate value, or even a default value. Does anyone have any information?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Razz007
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been able to answer this question? I am experiencing the same issue. Out of 38 Hosts I have 3 that are appearing as Noncompliant when viewing Host Profiles. 35 have a value of 100 and 3 hosts have a value of 0.

Failures Against Host Profile

Option Config.GlobalSettings.guest.commands.sharedPolicyRefCount doesn't match the specified criteria

0 Kudos
cwm08
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Came across while checking my host profiles today. I have 15 Hosts with the Value set to 100.

Any updates?

0 Kudos
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this article

http://www.troymitchell.net/vmware-vsphere-esxi-5-5-host-not-compliant-after-updating-vmware-vcenter...

Which resolved it for me. Unfortunately I don't know what this setting actually does though.

0 Kudos