I am working for a non profit organization in Belgium with a low budget (around 25.000 € for all investments).
Have a spare budget for maintenance around 10.000 €.
I am looking for a new storage solution for next year.
At this moment I have 2 vSphere 5.5 U3 hosts (Essentials Plus) connected to a HP P2000 MSA G3 SAN with SAS cables.
DPack gives us following result > Throughput : 55 MB/s ; Max IOPS : 1300 Average IOPS : 1000 - 1100 IOPS.
I have about 8 VM's (3 * AD, 2 * RDS 2008R2 , SharePoint Services 3.0, Exchange 2010,File & Printserver) . SQL Server is also needed for the future.
Bruto capacity at this moment is 7.2 TB (12 * 600 GB 10k SAS disks) , Netto capacity is 3.6 TB (Have 3 RAID-5 LUN's with 3 disks and one spare ).
I am looking at the following storage solutions for entry level storage connected by 2 x 1Gb Switches (iSCSI)
- EMC VNXe 3200 (14 * 600 GB SAS 10k/15k disks)
- Nimble CS210 (8TB raw capacity , 6TB netto capacity)
- HP MSA 2040 (14 * 600 GB SAS Disks)
- Huawei OceonStore S2200T v1 (14 * 600 GB SAS Disks)
- Dell Equallogic PS4100XV (12 * 600 GB 15k SAS)
- Dell PowerVault MD3220i (14 * 600 GB 10k SAS)
- Dell Compellent SCv2020 (12 * 900 GB 10K SAS)
Which of these solutions do you advise me ? Other sugesstions are also welcome
Fujitsu Eternus 100 might be an option.
But after all, I'd probably check if current MSA can be connected to MSA2040 as additional disk shelf.
I'd take a look a our VSAN solution. You just need supported Servers, Raid Controller, Internal Disks / SSDs and the VSAN licenses.With VSAN 6.1 you can create a cluster with only two nodes.