VMware Cloud Community
jeostang50
Contributor
Contributor

Question about Stateless upgrading of Imaging Profiles.

I'm updating an previous ESXi custom image profile. I've downloaded the new updated bundle, added it to the depot, cloned it, added a driver to depot, then added the driver to the new image. So now I have the new image, but how does my custom additions like drivers added to my old image get moved over to my new image? I must be missing something. I know changes in vCenter are done via host profile, but what about the drivers I've added to previous versions?

THanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Looks like you have used a new ESXi offline bundle and added a new driver to it. If you want to add the drivers you have used in the old image profile, you also have to add them to the new image profile.

This can be done by adding all the drivers to the depot and add them to your new image profile. Add all the drivers one by one to the depot, you will need to have the driver offline bundles for this, and add them to your image profile.

You could also import the old image profile in the depot and add the drivers to your new image profile.

0 Kudos