VMware Cloud Community
ronnutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Question about Resource Pool CPU MHz Limit in Resource Pool

I recently went through the vSphere ICM class and had a question that the instructor couldnt answer.  In creating a resource pool, under CPU Resources window, Limit section of the window, there is a figure that is greyed out (in my case on a MacBook Pro, it shows 3751. My question is how you know what the max limit is for the host you are working on ?  In my case, my MacBook Pro has an i7 CPU and I have 2 CPU's assigned to VMware Fusion.  Is the 3751 figure the max MHz for this machine ?  Is there a way that I can find out what the max value is for a particular host ?  I am interested in using a Resource Pool to be able to "split" resources of a host between two groups that fund the host but at different levels.  I have been looking for information on how to find the max value for this item and havent found anything.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Since you are running under Fusion - the max CPU will be dependent on the number of vCPUs assigned to the VM -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ronnutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That gets me a start.  I have a Cisco UCS B chassis with 4 blades at the office and 3 1U servers running ESXi that I am looking at as well.  Want to get a good understanding on how to use a resource pool to help control access to server resources as I am looking to deal with a situation where a couple of departments are looking to purchase a blade for the UCS Chassis and I want to make sure they only use resources on the blade comensurate with the portion of the blade that each group has paid for.

Ron

0 Kudos