VMware Cloud Community
270Admin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Purple screen of Death (...exception 14 in world...) with Vsphere 5.5 and Windows 2012R2 Server (Solved Problem)

Hello,

i think it's good to add here...

I started now to migrate my Server on Windows Server 2012 R2. The Virtual environment is vSphere 5.5 on HP DL380G7 Servers.

Today i solved a Hard crash from Host-Server after adding a Win2012R2 Server. Symptoms are PSOD (purple screen of Death) at the Hostserver (i was happy that i have disabled HA from the new client; that would be kick my other hosts).

Base-message was "...exception 14 in world xxxx....".

I solved it really simple by changing the virtual Network Card from E1000 to VMXNET3. For me it looks like a bug to develop by VMware in the next releases. For the Moment it works.

Hope this information helps you!

Good luck!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Check out this kb article.

VMware KB: ESXi 5.x host experiences a purple diagnostic screen with errors for E1000PollRxRing and ...

frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Check out this kb article.

VMware KB: ESXi 5.x host experiences a purple diagnostic screen with errors for E1000PollRxRing and ...

frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos