VMware Cloud Community
BB1984
Contributor
Contributor

Purple screen after shutdown ESXI 6.0

Hi

We have VMware server who has been running fine.

Today we needed to move the server from one place to another and we shut it down, move it, connected it to new switch at network and power it on.

Everythings seems to be fine until it loads the vmware (yellew screen) then we get purple screen with a error i have attached.

We have run the test from IDAC and everything is fine, all NIC's state is up and running.

The server is stick here and the only thing is to power it off.

The server is DELL PowerEdge R520ErrorVMWAre.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I would say open a case but you're officially unsupported right now. That's why you stay on top of patches, updates, and major versions, which, by the way from your build number appears you're using 6.0 U2 which means for the 6.0 version you're quite far behind.

0 Kudos
BB1984
Contributor
Contributor

i know. But i think its so strange with this purple screen, as the server has been working perfect.

How can i upgrade it or update as the server is not respondable when the purple screen apear.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

How can i upgrade it or update as the server is not respondable when the purple screen apear.

Well, you really can't. You could have a hardware failure at this point. Hard to really tell. That's why you pay for support and use it.

0 Kudos