VMware Cloud Community
Mbuyisa
Contributor
Contributor

Proliant DL380 Gen9 - The ESXi host does not have persistant storage. With 2 x 1TB

The ESXi 5.5 version installed was the Sept 2015, update 2 from HP. It loaded on the Remote HP logical volume 931.48 GB but i still see no storage. I tried adding, refresh but it all does not work. Please assist

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which RAID controller is installed in the host system?

How do the installation partitions look like (you can see the partitions by viewing a datastore's properties)?

André

0 Kudos
Mbuyisa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a.p.

Also new to VmWare, but i  suppose its RAID 1 and as for the partitions, please see below;

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

These screenshots unfortunately don't contain the required information. They only show that there's an iSCSI Software Adapter, but nothing about the RAID controller, nor the mentioned 2 1TB disks.

André

0 Kudos
mcrape
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there - do you have any other storage aside from the disk(s) that you installed ESXi to? ESXi will use up the whole partition for the OS and won't let you use it for VMs. If this is the case, you might be better off installing ESXi to a USB key or a SD card. You might also want to check out the HP customized ESXi install images: HP and VMware’s infrastructure as a service solution | Hewlett Packard Enterprise

0 Kudos
Mbuyisa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gents,

Problem solved - to see the storage, this particular server needs the latest ESXI 5.5 November 2015. Now i see the storage. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos