VMware Cloud Community
QualQuek45
Contributor
Contributor

Proliant DL380 G9 & Storwize v5030

Hi guys,

I have installed  ESXI 8.0 on my 2 Proliant DL380 G9 and i'm asking in my mind how to connect my Storwize v5030 and  it's disk module to one of my Proliant server.

I've tried with RJ45 câble but i can't find any storage in ESXI except the server itself.

Here the Proliant

QualQuek45_1-1697381931455.png

Here the Storwize V5030

QualQuek45_0-1697381899277.png

Here a screenshot of the rear of the Proliant DL380G9 and my Storwize V5030, if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
From the image I see of the V5030 the connectors for the hosts are Fibre Channel and in the image of the Dell servers I think they are ben fibre channel HBA cards, If so it would be necessary to connect the fibre channel cables between the hosts and the storage directly.
Also the ethernet port for storage management should be configured.

e_espinel_0-1697390932265.png

The cables should be OM3 Fiber Cable (LC) two for each server.

the sotrage V5030 is   IBM or Lenovo brand ?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
QualQuek45
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

The Storwize is from IBM.

I've tried to connecte them through fibre channel sadly nothing appear in the data storage, also in the 4 fiber channel connection 2 appears not compatible on ESXI 8 i don't know why. Is there something i need to do to activate them? It's already enabled in the BIOS.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
I propose to make a remote access for a support (free) and to be able to make the verification both in the storage and in the esxi hosts.

To arrange a specific date and time, please write to my personal mail: eespinel@gmail.com

I am now in Ecuador (UTC -5)

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos