VMware Cloud Community
msbrod
Contributor
Contributor

Programmatic Method to Restart the Management agents in ESXi

I realize this link provides an explanation for how to restart the management agents through different approaches, especially the section for "Restart Management agents in ESXi Using Direct Console User Interface (DCUI):" (Restarting the Management agents in ESXi (1003490) (vmware.com)).

What I am interested in learning is if there is a programmatic way to restart the management agents through the DCUI.  For example, in many Linux systems the ipmitool allows scripts to programmatically issue IPMI commands to the console.  Does a similar capability exist for DCUI?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lara69
Contributor
Contributor

@msbrod wrote: AvalonAccess

I realize this link provides an explanation for how to restart the management agents through different approaches, especially the section for "Restart Management agents in ESXi Using Direct Console User Interface (DCUI):" (Restarting the Management agents in ESXi (1003490) (vmware.com)).

What I am interested in learning is if there is a programmatic way to restart the management agents through the DCUI.  For example, in many Linux systems the ipmitool allows scripts to programmatically issue IPMI commands to the console.  Does a similar capability exist for DCUI?

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.

0 Kudos