VMware Cloud Community
adamadamadam
Contributor
Contributor

Processor Apparently Halted for 94575

Hi

I've created a new ESXi host and have had it running for the past few days, but it keeps dropping out and cannot connect to it with the client.

When looking directly on the console the following error message is displayed:

0:19:51:28.842 cpu1:4071 CpuSched: 0071 processor apparently halted for 94575 ms

I have enclosed a screen shot.

After some googling it appears there could be a number of issues, I am just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for this system.

(also am aware the processor isn't on the compatibility list, but humor me for a bit)

cpu1.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

the last time i had this, i log a call for hardware replacement and it solved. i'm not sure how you can move on as i see that you're using a whitebox.

0 Kudos
adamadamadam
Contributor
Contributor

So your thinking it could be a hardware fault?

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

saw the below in previous post, have a look below:

To resolve this, make sure you don't have any IRQ sharing with the processor.  Giving the CPU its own dedicated IRQ resolved the issue for me. To  achieve this you probably have to disable a few unused devices on your motherboard  to free up interrupts.

0 Kudos
adamadamadam
Contributor
Contributor

Going to try that now and will get back to you.

Thank you.

(watch this space)

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Good Luck !! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
adamadamadam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Idle-Jam

Having a dig around Im not sure if the IRQ settings will make a difference.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100371...

"Notes:
  • Because one of the prerequisites for IRQ sharing issues is that devices be owned by the service console, ESXi does not experience this issue as it does not have a service console.
  • This is not an issue in ESX 4.0 as IRQs are loaded directly into VMkernel (so no conflicts can occur in the service console)."

You think its still worth disabling?

Wondering if this is a NIC problem, any thoughts?

0 Kudos
swapd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Guys,

I had the same issue with an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and AMD Phenom II X6 1090T.

I disabled the C1E support and now it is working fine.

To disable the C1E support in the BIOS:

Advanced >>CPU Configuration >> C1E Support

And set it to [Disabled]

Good luck!

Cheers,
Elcio De Mello

-- If you find this answer useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"