VMware Cloud Community
j0217995
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with display during install of clients

Hello,

First post so I apologize if this has been asked before but I'm having a problem with the display not sizing correctly during the install of clients.  And since this is during the install I can't install the VMWare tools yet.

The display doesn't seem to be scaling correctly for some reason and not refreshing correctly so it is becoming hard to install anything.

I've attached two screenshots showing this on a Linux build and also a Windows build.

vmware driver issue.PNG

vmware driver issue 2.PNG

On the Linux build the display is not refereshing fast enough for me to see what I'm typing as I do a setup via the command line.  And then on the Windows side of things the display doesn't scale correctly so I"m not seeing all the options.  Any ideas what I'm doing?

Runining Windows 10 on the Desktop and not using a High DPI screen.  I've tried changing the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" option in Windows 10 from 100% to 125% to 150% and nothing changes that.  Getting very frustrated w/ this

3 Replies
j0217995
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the Video settings to auto detect and had no improvement.  THis is my Windows 7 Machine

vmware driver issue 3.PNG

0 Kudos
Glen60
Contributor
Contributor

I experienced this display problem after installing the Anniversary Edition update to my Windows 10 workstation.  Right click the VMWare vSphere Client shortcut then select Properties, Compatibility, select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" than OK.  Restart the client.  All VM screens regardless of OS should be fully visible.

j0217995
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much, this totally just solved my problem.  Great and quick response.  I've been smashing my face on the wall for a long time in regards to this.  Thanks for solving this problem

0 Kudos