VMware Cloud Community
julianojose
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with database in MS Access running on VMware ESXi 5

I'm having trouble running application made ​​with ms office database access MDB interface made ​​in VBa think, and my problem is related to slowness in implementing the same. I did several tests with virtual machines with Windows 32 and 64 bit and the problem persists.
Has anyone experienced such problems, does anyone know of problems between legacy applications developed with using Ms Access database MDB with VMware ESXi?
Thanks to everyone who can help me!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jrmunday
Commander
Commander

I'm not aware of any issues specific to MS-Access on virtual machines.

Can you provide more information about the issues and explain how the behaviour differs between physical an virtual systems. Please also provide any application specific information (architecture, etc), and a brief overview of your virtual infrastructure.

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
julianojose
Contributor
Contributor

My basic structure is, I'm trying to deploy virtual server with VMware ESXi, my client is already using a server with VMware ESXi 5 as a test basis, however it uses an application developed in MS-VB with database MDB.

In real physical structure, the application runs without any problem, I came to settle in the worst machine I own and ran correctly, but in the virtual structure, the application gets to open but when it starts to manipulate the data to the application, is very slow, the physical structure does not realize slowness, and virtual arrives to take 3 minutes to answer the application.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Kudos