VMware Cloud Community
avarcher
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Problem with host profile - com.vmware.profile.hostCacheConfig.EsxcliError

I'm getting an odd error when checking compliance of a host profile, I get com.vmware.profile.hostCacheConfig.EsxcliError, and the host stays in an unknown state.

compFailure.jpg

No matter what I do I cannot clear it. Even deselecting all the sections makes no difference.

The source an destination hosts are identical in hardware, and they are both ESXi 5.5.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avarcher
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yep, now that the DNS blip is away it seems to have been fixed. So, as usual the lesson is - make sure DNS forward and reverse is working pristinely.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cronistar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any luck on this?

I got that same error today, only I'm getting it when trying to create a host profile. The host I'm trying to create the profile against is running 5.5.0, build 1623387. It's a fresh install too, both ESXi and vCenter.

0 Kudos
avarcher
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I was just about to post - it looks like a DNS blip. We had a misconfigured DNS on one host, fixed that and it seems to have cleared. Trying to recreate to be sure.

Sent from a handheld

0 Kudos
avarcher
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yep, now that the DNS blip is away it seems to have been fixed. So, as usual the lesson is - make sure DNS forward and reverse is working pristinely.

0 Kudos
Tammam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am getting the same error creating a host profile. Did you ever manage to fix this?

0 Kudos