VMware Cloud Community
kendzi87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with configuration persistence after reboot. ESXi on cloned usb drive and scratch on NAS datastore

Hi, I have two ESXi 6 (latest patch) on two 32GB USB  drives.
I install it on one machine configure ,connect NAS datastore where I created scratch partition: /vmfs/volumes/share /ScratchPartitions/Device1/.locker and  then I clone usb drive for second machine (both have  the same hardware).

On second machine I change scratch partition /vmfs/volumes/share /ScratchPartitions/Device2/.locker .

So my problem is that on second machine  my configuration resets after reboot and scratch partition is in /vmfs/volumes/share /ScratchPartitions/Device1/.locker . I use USB3.0 and USB 2.0 (I read somewhere that matters and I should use 2.0), any ideas/advice why this happen (I google it of course before asking but couldn't find solution). I need this to automatic clone and restore ESXi for many devices.

Previously I used partition that where on usb stick (there are 3 vfat partitions visible when I set df command but they have tendency to disappear dunno why, if anyone have knowledge that would help please share it).

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies