VMware Cloud Community
nguyenquangminh
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with allocating IP configuration to VMs in vApp ???

Hi all,

I'm using vSphere 5.0 and having problem with allocating IP settings (from IP pool) to VMs in a vApp.

I have created an IP Pool (from Datacenter/IP Pools), declared all settings, enabled it and associated it with a Production-Network (this Production-Network was created on virtual standard switch on each ESXi host, it is not the default VM Network created during ESXi installation). All VMs in the vApp connect to this Production-Network.

The vApp Settings was configured so that OVF Environment (from Advanced/IP Allocation) was checked, and IP Allocation Policy was Transient.

All things seemed right, but when I went to Options / IP Allocation Policy (from Edit vApp Settings), it reported a warning saying that "Warning: One or more of the assigned networks do not have an IPv4 range configured for allocating IP addresses. To remove this warning you should either configure an IPv4 range in the IP Pool configuration of the datacenter or choose another allocation scheme". As a result, all VMs in the vApp could not receive IP settings from the IP Pool.

I don't know why, whether I configured incorrectly, or the vSwitch must be virtual distributed switch (instead of virtual standard switch) ?

Please advise me if you have any ideas !

Thanks a lot,

Minh

0 Kudos
0 Replies