VMware Cloud Community
stoda06
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Windows 2008 TS VM with one disk on NAS and one disk on Local Storage

Hi Everyone,

It's my first post to VMware communities, so please forgive me if I've filed this question in the wrong place.

I'm using ESXi to provide about 20 concurrent users access to a Windows 2008 R2 terminal server and specifically Outlook (is the problem we're experiencing the issue with).

One of the drives is on local storage, and one is on a NAS, which until today has performed fine.

But now, users are experiencing problems when they move an email object in Outlook from one folder to another (and at other times, although this is the most easily reproducible).

I can't see any issues looking at performance graphs on the Vcenter that manages the ESXi 6.0 U3 instance that supports this terminal server, either on the local disk or the NAS.  Although I have noticed that the performance of the NAS (a Thecus N16000PRO) seems to be sluggish from the command line - when I try a df -h or try to cd to directories in the NAS, the tab completion seems sluggish...

The ESXi host itself is a DL380 G7 with 192GB of RAM and dual hex core 3.467Ghz processors.

Sorry for the general nature of the information I've provided.  Please ask for anything else you'd like to know in order to help me figure out what's happening.

Cheers,

Daniel Storey

0 Kudos
0 Replies