VMware Cloud Community
GisiRusi
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Creating Datastore in mirrored hard drives!

I have 2 mirrored Hard drives, but When i want to create a DataStore , the ESXI detects them as individual disks. It is possible to create the same datastore to both of them, because i have very important files to server and if one of the hard drives fail and be destroyed , I dont want to lose my files.
Sorry for my english !
Please help me!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NagangoudaPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If drives are mirrored it should visible one drive, need more information to suggest appropriate solution for this issue.

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert

To protect data against drive failures its best to use hardware raid configuration. ESXi will allow you to create two different datastores on the two drives but you wont be able to configure data protection automatically using this option.

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
GisiRusi
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty sure that they are mirrored , they have the same size, but the ESXI detects them individuals  😕  they are sata hard drives

0 Kudos
lazyllama_uk
Contributor
Contributor

It is likely that the RAID controller on your machine is not supported by ESXi - check the compatibility guide

Many standard PC motherboard SATA RAID controllers are not supported in ESXi and without the correct RAID drivers, the disks are just seen as individual SATA drives.

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see my reply about the B110i controller in your other discussion (Creating Datastore in mirrored hard drives?)

André

0 Kudos