VMware Cloud Community
Randy_B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PowerPath/VE install to vSphere4

I'm trying to install PowerPathVE 5.4 SP1 to a Vmware vSphere4 host and keep getting the same error. I've downloaded the PowerPath_VE_5.4.SP1_for_VMWARE_vSphere_Install_SW_Bundle.zip to my Virtual Center server (v4) and am using the vSphere CLI to install:

D:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin>vihostupdate.pl --server --install --bundle=d:\PowerPath_VE_5.4.SP1_for_VMWARE_vSphere_Install_SW_Bun

dle.zip

After entering the root credentials I get this error:

Please wait patch installation is in progress ...

Invalid bundle ZIP archive, or missing metadata.zip inside.Bundle /tmp/updatecac

he/PowerPath_VE_5.4.SP1_for_VMWARE_vSphere_Install_SW_Bundle.zip missing metadat

a.zip

I've re-downloaded new bits, cleared the updatecache, tried the 5.4 (not sp1) package. I can use esxupdate on this host for other packages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Griffonstone
Contributor
Contributor

1 - Open the zip file PowerPath_VE_5.4.SP1_for_VMWARE_vSphere_Install_SW_Bundle.zip

2 - In there you will see another zip file called EMCPower.VMWARE.5.4.SP1.b033.zip

3 - Extract this file to another location such as the root of your of D:\ drive and then execute the command as follows:

D:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin\vihostupdate.pl --server ServerIP --install --bundle="D:\EMCPower.VMWARE.5.4.SP1.b033.zip"

4 - And Shazam!

Cheers.

Nuno

0 Kudos