VMware Cloud Community
dohko82
Contributor
Contributor

PowerCLI and Snapshot -Quiesce option

Hi Guys,

I have many scripts running on my environment, and Im using one for create snapshots with another functions, in my environment its necesary use the -Quiesce options for the New-Snapshot PS script, when I run this option :
New-Snapshot -VM $vm -Name <name>  -Quiesce:$true
this display the follow error:
WARNING: 'Quiesced' property of 'Snapshot' object is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
WARNING: 'Parent' property is obsolete. Use 'ParentSnapshot' instead.
this scares me becouse I NEED this option, you know what it's happen with this option or what will happen with this, how I can replace this option by a "New" option??
Thanks,
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MKguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Fear not, I am sure VMware will not remove the option to create quiesced snapshots via PowerCLI, GUI/Webclient, 3rd Party backup applications or anything.

What you're seeing is a merely a warning notice of the Powershell snapshot object that was returned upon successful completion of the task. It says nothing of the -Quiesce option when actually creating the snapshot. You will also see this warning  with a Get-VM | Get-Snapshot | fl, or at least I did at first (but not on subsequent tries) with PowerCLI 5.0.1 on vSphere 5.0 U1. In the worst case we won't be able to identify quiesced snapshots from PowerCLI anymore if they really will remove it without any substitute.

I've also seen a few other of these deprecated warnings with other cmdlets such as with New-OSCustomizationSpec, but pretty much all of them only concerned warnings for properties of the returned object, not the actual command to create that object.

-- http://alpacapowered.wordpress.com
0 Kudos