VMware Cloud Community
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Power on VM trying to connect ISO on local disk stuck at connceting

Dear Experts,

I would like to install Win 2003 x64 , I created the VM, I power it ON and then from console say connect to 'ISO image on local disk' but it is not booting but when I take mouse there it says connecting and stays there.

Please help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure what's causing this issue, maybe a firewall setting!? Anyway, I'd go ahead and upload the ISO image(s) to a new folder on a datastore using the datastore browser and then connect the ISO from there. This usually works flawlessly.

André

0 Kudos
onoski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What platform are you trying to install the 2003 64BIT OS, i.e. VMware workstation or vSphere via ESXi 4.0 or 5.0 etc?

0 Kudos
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was installing to Esxi 4.0, I checked in events it was showing ' no bootable device found' and user was 'user', I think a 'user' do not have Privilege to connect virtual CD rom. Any how what I did I closed vsphere client.

I again started vsphere client entered user name 'root' and password again powered on same virtual machine on which I was trying to install windows 2003 R2 x64 std. This time on trying to attach ISO on local disk it worked.

Still I am not sure what was the reason, just sharing here how it worked.

Regards,

0 Kudos