VMware Cloud Community
ManeeshPChawda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Port Binding

Hi,

I have configured ESXi Host and FreeNAS with iSCSI target. I want to configure separate VSwitch / Portgroup / VMKernel for FreeNAS iSCSI so that I can use it for Port Binding in ESXi Host. Currently I am not able to use it. Can you guide me as to how to configure the same so that I can dedicatedly use Port Binding with above mentioned.

Screenshot attached.

Manish Chawda

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It's basically not that hard to configure iSCSI VMkernel port groups. Tha basic requirement is a 1:1 configuration between a port group, and a vmnic. You can do this with either 2 vSwitches with a single VMkernel port group, and vmnic each, or with a single vSwitch with two vmnics, and two VMkernel port groups, with overriding the VMkernel port group's Teamaing&Failover settings, so that each port group has one vmnic activ, and the other one unused.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ciao 

don't see the attachment.

I have found this guide on internet:

https://johnkeen.tech/freenas-11-2-and-esxi-6-7-iscsi-tutorial/

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It's basically not that hard to configure iSCSI VMkernel port groups. Tha basic requirement is a 1:1 configuration between a port group, and a vmnic. You can do this with either 2 vSwitches with a single VMkernel port group, and vmnic each, or with a single vSwitch with two vmnics, and two VMkernel port groups, with overriding the VMkernel port group's Teamaing&Failover settings, so that each port group has one vmnic activ, and the other one unused.

André

0 Kudos