VMware Cloud Community
gerwalt
Contributor
Contributor

Please help.. Trying to determine if an HP NC510F / NC510C (Nextgen/Qlogic NXB-10GXSR, NXB-10GCX4) will work with Vmvware 5.5...

The compatibility guide states that esxi  up to 4,1 U3 supports it.  But I cannot find anything regarding 5.0, or 5.5 working with this card.  I'm guessing that unfortunately I am out of luck and the support for this card has been taken out of 5.0 and above.  But as I've discovered for example, a lot of servers that are no longer listed on the 5.0+ compatibility charts that use to be listed on the 3.x and 4.x charts still work.  I'm hoping that this is the case for this card also.. (via a firmware update from Qlogic)  Does anyone have any experience with these fiber cards on 5.x

?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gerwalt
Contributor
Contributor

I found another person that asked the same question in 2011 that did not get an answer. His question was:

"Do I need to build my own vib?  Could I get the old vib off of a 4.1 install and install it on 5.5? Where does one find vibs? Could I export the vib from 4.1 and import it in 5.5?  can i just copy the net_nx_n.v00 file from one to another?

4.1: VMware_bootbank_net-nx-nic_4.0.558-3vmw.510.0.0.799733

5.5: VMware_bootbank_net-nx-nic_5.0.621-1vmw.550.0.0.1331820 "

Is this solution a possibility?

0 Kudos
RubyIvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Gerwalt,

NC510F and C are indeed not their on VMware HCL . Also it used to work with controller NX2031 which itself is not supported . If still you think it might be just the matter of it not appearing on HCl, you might get in touch with HP to find out if they are working on the certification of the card with VMware internally.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos