VMware Cloud Community
Calintz
Contributor
Contributor

Pink Screen of Death

Hello folks, one of my hosts just locked up and the kernel panic screen isn't very informative so I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this as the iDRAC logs are clean... Can anyone make sense of this? This is running off a Dell M630.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Similar here: Re: NMI IPI: Panic requested by another pcpu

In your case, there are a few mentions of FCoE on screen.

Apply any BIOS/firmware updates, find out if there’s a new driver available for your FCoE adapter and install it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
hussainbte
Expert
Expert

if you have support agreement open a ticket with VMware support.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

how did you update/patch the host to the latest build? Did you use Dell's custom image, or offline bundle (which one), and then apply the latest patches via Update Manager? Do you have any additional drivers installed which may also need to be updated?

In case you have Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)  installed on the host, please note that ESXi 6.7 U2, and later require at least version 9.3.1.

André

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

When this PSOD happened exactly? in what situation and after which state you encountered this problem? (for example after a special operation, like power-on a VM)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos